For all of our protection masks are required inside the building.
Driver’s License Application
All driver’s license, state ID and instruction permit applications are by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- 1. Read all questions first, then click link below
- 2. Choose either Instruction Permit/Photo or Real ID/Enhanced Driver’s License or Standard Driver’s License/ID
- 3. Bring all required documents to your appointment. (If you do not have the required documents at the time of your appointment, you will need to reschedule)
- 4. For a person younger than 18:
- – If you are under the age of 18 at the time of your test and this is your first test, you must bring the blue certificate of enrollment card issued by a driver education program, or you will not be able to take the test.
- – If the person is applying for a credential, a parent or guardian must accompany the applicant.
- 5. Visit dps.mn.gov to find links to Standard, Real ID and Enhanced Driver’s License required documents.
- 6. All appointments automatically cancel after 10 min from your scheduled start time if not present
- 7. If you have moved from another state, you must go to an exam station and complete driver’s test first before you can apply for a license/ID at a DMV
Our DL Appointment system is currently down for maintenance. Please check back later.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover & American Express
There is a 2.49% convenience fee for credit card transactions.